You're always looking for ways to earn some extra money on the side, right? Maybe you want to save up for a nice vacation, pay off some debt, or just butter your bank account. The good news is, there are plenty of easy ways to make some extra cash in your spare time without committing to a second full-time job.
Whether you have an hour here and there or can dedicate just a few hours each week, you could realistically earn hundreds or even thousands of dollars every month. In this blog post, we're going to show you 10 simple ways to make extra money that won't require much of time or effort. So grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable, and get ready to start making that extra money you've been dreaming about!
Turn Your Hobbies Into Side Gigs
Turning your hobbies and skills into side gigs is an easy way to make some extra cash. Do you have a hobby you're passionate about such as photography, baking, driving, or woodworking? Consider turning that into a side business.
Start by offer your services to friends and family to start and build up some reviews and experience. i.e. if you like photography, take family portraits or offer event coverage. If you're an amazing baker, sell your goods at local farmer's markets or craft fairs. Build up your portfolio and clientele, then you can start charging more as your business grows. Eventually, you could turn your side hustle into your own online store!
Teach Classes on Your Hobby
If you can't make money from your hobby directly, you can also teach classes on your skills. Community centers and online platforms like Skillshare offer space for teaching classes at a low cost or for free. Teach a baking, photography, or gardening class on the weekends. Charge students a fee for your time and expertise.
Become a Freelancer in Your Field of Expertise
Becoming a freelancer is a great way to earn money online doing work you already have expertise in.
Find What Your Niche is
Think about the work or hobbies you have experience in and narrow it down to a specific niche. For example, instead of just offering“freelance writing” services, focus on something like “product descriptions for ecommerce businesses.” The more specialized your skills, the higher your monetary potential.
Build an Impressive Portfolio
Create samples of your work to share with potential clients. If you're a writer, put together some blog posts or articles on topics you enjoy. For virtual assistants, detail your experience organizing schedules, managing email inboxes and more. Add testimonials from previous clients or managers if possible.
Research going rates for your freelance niche so you can price yourself competitively. You likely need to start lower to gain experience, but don't sell yourself short. As you build up your reputation and portfolio, you can increase your fees. Offering package rates for ongoing or long-term work is also common.
Promote your services on websites like Upwork or Flexjobs, or on social media platforms. Message to companies in your network or local businesses. Tell friends or past clients to refer you. Once you land a couple clients and they give you good reviews, finding more work will get easier.
With some specialized skills, dedication to building your experience, competitive rates, and persistence in finding good clients, you can establish your own business and generate thousands a month in extra income. The key is starting small and expanding from there.
Drive for a Rideshare Company During Your Free Time
Prefer driving than sitting at a computer? That can make you money as well! Driving for a rideshare company like Uber or Lyft during your spare time is an easy way to generate some extra cash. You just need is a reliable car and and auto insurance . Here’s how to get started:
Sign up to drive with Uber or Lyft. The process only takes a couple of minutes. Just provide info like your name, address, birth date, and details about your vehicle. Once approved, you can start giving rides immediately.
- Set your own schedule: Only drive when you want to or when you're available. You get to choose which days and times work for you. Drive in the mornings, evenings, weekends—whatever suits your needs. There’s no minimum number of hours required.
- Earn pretty decent money: Rideshare drivers typically make between $10 to $15 an hour after accounting for gas and other expenses. The more you drive, the more you can make. Rates are generally higher during peak times like rush hour and late nights. You’ll also get tips from some passengers.
- Find an easy-to-follow GPS: The Uber and Lyft apps provide turn-by-turn directions to pick up and drop off your passengers. All you have to do is follow the map. The apps handle fare calculation and payment processing so you get paid quickly and efficiently.
- Maintain a high rating: Build up your reviews and ratings over time by providing friendly service and a clean, comfortable ride. Passengers can rate you on a 5-star scale after each trip. Strive for at least a 4.7 rating or higher for the best opportunities.
Rent Out Extra Space in Your Home
Finally -- one last easy method to earn some money, specifically some passive income, is by renting out extra space in your home that you're not using. This could be a spare bedroom, garage, attic or basement. Many homeowners are sitting on potential cash cows without even realizing it!
There are a few options for renting out your extra space:
- Short-term: If you live in a desirable location, renting out a spare room or suite on sites like Airbnb or HomeAway is another great way to make more money, especially if you live near attractions or airports. Remember to consider factors like deciding a price, house rules, cleaning, and getting your keys. The income potential could be quite good, ranging from $50 to $500 a night or more.
- Long-term: When it comes to extra rooms or suites, find long-term tenants to rent by the month. Check with your local regulations on restrictions. You're going to want to conduct background checks and draft a good lease agreement. While the income may be less than short-term at $500 to $1500 each month, the stability is appealing. Make sure to factor in the impact on your utility bills r additional wear and tear.
- Storage space: If you have an empty garage, attic, shed, or barn, consider renting it out as storage space. As long as the space is secure, clean and weather-proof, charge $50 to $500 a month or more depending on the size and location. This is a great option if you want to avoid the responsibilities that come with residential tenants. Promote your space on sites like Spare Foot or Facebook Marketplace. Renting out extra space in your home is an easy way to generate some solid side income with almost no effort on your part. If none of these work ideas match your needs, try to do some small jobs such as house or pet sitting, dog walking, some cash-back earning apps, or online surveys on reputable survey sites like Swagbucks to make a few extra bucks. Happy hustling!
Start Making Extra Money Today With EASY Wireless!
Ready to start making extra money? Well EASY Wireless is ready to help! We're here to offer some of the tools you need to get started with your side hustle.. at no cost to you!
We're offering free phone plans with data that you could use to stay in touch with customers or employers for your side hustle. If you apply and you're eligible, here's what you could receive:
EASY Wireless Unlimited Plan
- FREE Unlimited Data
- FREE Unlimited Talk
- FREE Unlimited Text
- FREE SIM Card Kit and Activation
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get a New One
To start with EASY Wireless, apply online by clicking the below:
Start Saving Today!
Or you can come to one of the EASY Wireless's retail stores, where our customer service agent will help you apply for your benefits.