In November 2020, a report showed that 200,000 Floridians live on minimum wage.
The yearly salary estimate for minimum wage is $18,000, with this kind of salary it is hard to manage rent and cater to other household bills.
Luckily, we have compiled tips for you on how to survive on minimum or low wages in Florida. EASY Wireless’s free Unlimited Data Plan is one of our top tips. Read on to learn about others!
1. Take Advantage of Free Internet in Florida with EASY Wireless
The Federal Government has an Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). The program helps low-income Florida residents with their internet bills.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) runs the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). It also works with EASY Wireless to help you receive free unlimited data with free talk and text. So you can now say goodbye to paying a monthly cell phone bill if you qualify.
With free Florida government internet, you can use the money you save to pay for other things you need. Many Floridians are eligible. You could be one of the lucky ones who qualify today!
How do you qualify?
You qualify for free internet by participating in certain government assistance programs. You can also be eligible if you meet income limits as a household. See the income chart below.
Enroll now to receive free internet with EASY Wireless and save money today!
Start Saving Today!
2. Do You Have Children in College? Get Florida Financial Aid
Florida Department of Education offers technical assistance for improved academic results. As such, you can take advantage of these opportunities and save money.
Don't struggle with school fees now! Visit the Florida Department of Education website to confirm your eligibility.
3. Opt for Free Entertainment in Florida
Florida is now an expensive state to live in, especially for low-income individuals. But many residents don't know there are free adventures in this sunshine state. See the fantastic free fun things you can do in Florida.
- Visit Florida beaches - the best places to enjoy your off days. Especially on the beach siesta, the sand is 99% quartz. It's fantastic on your feet.
- Enjoy the National Naval Aviation Museum - you'll check out over 150 historic aircrafts. It's a 35-acre facility and the world's largest museum.
- Visit Harry P. Leu Gardens on the first Monday of the month- In this 50-acre botanical oasis, admission is free. There is also free storytelling for kids. So you can go along with the family.
- Visit the Museum of Florida History- a fantastic place with artifacts and exhibits. Learn about the history and culture of Florida for free.
- Visit Spook Hill, Lake Wales- the most amazing adventure you can take. Park a car at the bottom of Spook Hill, put it on neutral, and see it roll up the hill. Amazing indeed!
4. Rent Out Your Car and Earn Extra Cash
You may have your car parked if you work from home. On the other hand, public transport is cheaper than fueling your vehicle. The idea is; that you can choose to use your car during weekends and rent it out on work days.
Florida residents are renting out their cars for extra cash. You only need to write an agreement with your clients through a lawyer. You can file a claim. Calculate your car's value and set your charges.
5. Earn Extra Income with Your Florida Home
As a homeowner, you can live without getting a second job. Here are several ways you can earn extra cash with your home:
Sign up for vacation rentals and create rooms for travelers.
Rent the spare rooms and spaces you don't use. You can rent your garage or shed.
Rent your pool to local families who live in rented apartments. You can make more money during summer.
Lease your land for Recreational Vehicles (RVs). Vacationers can park their RV on your land, and you earn money.
6. Do You Have a Private Yard? Start Pet Sitting Services
You may have extra free hours if you work from home. On the other hand, you may have a household member who doesn't work. So, target vacationers heading to the beach and advertise your ability to watch pets.
The visitors and locals can drop their pets off for special care and pay you some money for the services. Florida tourism is growing, and the government expects more visitors in 2022.
7. Are You Underemployed? Get Florida Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
The Florida Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) helps low-income households. But, you must meet the following requirements to receive TANF:
Be a Florida resident and the US. Citizen, legal or qualified alien.
Have a child of 18 years or below.
Be 18 years or below, and you are the head of your household.
8. Cut Your Expenses With Florida Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
Florida's Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) grants assistance to non-profit agencies and local governments. This aid is given to low-income families. It aims to assist them in paying home heating and cooling bills.
You qualify if you are a Florida resident needing assistance with your energy bills. Otherwise you can qualify by participating in other government assistance programs.
Click here to apply for Florida LIHEAP.
9. Shop Smart for Your Groceries
There are 2051 supermarkets and grocery stores in Florida. So, you may find several stores in your area. You may purchase unnecessary vegetables and other items while food shopping.
Here are tips to help you purchase groceries with the best offers:
Download online shopping Applications for easy offer comparison. An example is Walmart Mobile App.
Purchase wholesale and stick to your list. You can purchase groceries for the whole week and store some perishable goods in the freezer.
Pay with grocery reward cards.
Reduce food wastage by planning your menu ahead.
The above tips will help you live happily as a low or minimum-wage household in Florida.
EASY Wireless is here to help you accomplish the first tip. Sign up and see if you can qualify to enjoy free data now!
Start Saving Today!