Have you been trying to get a cell phone but they're just too expensive? Well, you've come to the right place. If you're a participant of Medicaid, you have the opportunity to qualify for a free smartphone with free data! In just a couple easy steps, you'll be chatting with friends and family without paying a cent.
But before getting to the free cell phone, let us first talk about the two government free cell phone programs that offer connectivity benefits: Lifeline & the ACP. These programs provide mobile plans for Americans who either have a low enough income or who participate in certain government programs, like Medicaid. In this blog post, we're going to be showing you how to leverage your Medicaid participation to receive a free phone!
What is The Medicaid Program?
Before we dive into receiving your free Medicaid cell phone, what exactly is the Medicaid Program? Medicaid provides health coverage to millions of Americans, including eligible low-income adults, children, pregnant women, elderly, and people with disabilities. To qualify for Medicaid, your income has to be below a certain threshold. The exact threshold depends on factors like your family size and the state you live in.
Once enrolled in Medicaid, you'll receive coverage for services like:
- Doctor visits
- Hospital stays
- Nursing home care
- Home health
To enroll in Medicaid, you can apply online, in person, by phone, or by mail depending on your state. You need information like income statements, your family's social security numbers, and any info about health insurance you currently have. The application process typically involves an interview where they review your information to determine if you qualify.
Using Medicaid to Enroll in Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
To receive free mobile services, you need to leverage Medicaid to apply to either the ACP or Lifeline. Let's start with the ACP -- The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), formerly known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit, is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides eligible consumers discounts on internet and devices to help lower your monthly bills. Here’s how to apply:
To qualify for ACP, you must meet either one of the following criteria:
- Your income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- You participate in certain assistance programs like Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit.
Applying to ACP Program
To apply to ACP, you have some options:
- Go to ACP's website to apply online and provide proof of eligibility.
- Mail a completed application form with eligibility documentation to.
- Call ACP support center +1(877)-384-2575 to apply over the phone and provide information to confirm eligibility.
- Email ACPSupport@usac.org.
Apply With EASY Wireless
The easiest way to apply is directly with EASY Wireless. Why? Well, when you sign up for Lifeline or ACP through EASY Wireless in certain states, you will receive a free phone along with free moible and data services.
The ACP program helps lower the cost of staying connected. Take advantage of this benefit if you qualify - it could make a difference.
The Lifeline assistance program provides is the next program that helps qualify you for a free phone. Lifeline offers subsidized phone service for low-income individuals. Here’s how to apply:
Find an eligible phone carrier in your state
Lifeline partners with several major phone carriers. Visit your state’s Lifeline website to check the full list of participating carriers in your area. Choose a carrier that offers free cell phone plans and coverage in your city or town, such as EASY Wireless.
Provide proof of eligibility
To qualify for Lifeline service, you’ll need to provide documentation proving your income or that you participate in Medicaid or another qualifying low-income assistance program. Here's what we accept:
- Your Medicaid insurance card
- A statement from your Medicaid provider
- A letter from the Social Security Administration confirming you receive SSI benefits
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Vouchers Documents
Complete Your Lifeline Application
Apply for Lifeline phone service in person, by phone, or online with EASY Wireless. You then need to provide information like your name, address, birth date, and proof of eligibility documents. We will review your application and documentation before approving you for a free cell phone and monthly service credits.
Activate your phone and service
Once approved, EASY Wireless mails you a free cell phone to activate your service. You can keep receiving free cell phone service as long as you're eligible for Lifeline benefits. If you no longer qualify for Lifeline, you can choose to continue service by paying the regular monthly rates.
Following these straightforward steps will help you get connected with a free government subsidized cell phone with the Lifeline program if you have Medicaid. Staying in touch with healthcare providers, your family, and emergency services is important for your wellbeing.
What Benefits Do You Get With EASY Wireless?
Upon qualifying for one of the programs above with EASY Wireless, here's what you receive:
EASY Wireless Unlimited Plan
- FREE Unlimited Data
- FREE Unlimited Talk
- FREE Unlimited Text
- FREE SIM Car Kit and Activation
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get a New One
How do I Apply For EASY Wireless Benefits?
To get started with EASY Wireless, apply online by clicking the below:
Start Saving Today!
Or you can come to one of the EASY Wireless's retail stores, where our customer service agent will help you apply for the benefits.
Either way, the first step is to provide proof of identity with a government-issued ID. This is so you can confirm your participation in one of the qualifying programs or that you meet the income requirement.
We accept the following U.S. Government Issued ID:
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Government, State or Tribal issued-ID
- U.S. Military ID cards
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards
You can show the following documents to prove that you are taking part in a government assistance program or use them as proof of active benefits:
- Statement of benefits from Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Vouchers Documents
- Indian Affairs general assistance documents
- Notice letter of participation, such as an award letter
- Participation documents from a program, such as a screenshot from an online account.
- In order to show income, you can provide any of the following proofs:
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of your State or Federal income tax return.
- Three months' worth of current pay stubs.
- Veterans Administration or Supplemental Security Income benefits letter.
- A divorce decree or child support document that states income.
- Retirement or pension statement.
Need More Than Just One Line of Service or an Additional Phone?
EASY Wireless is a full-service cellular store that cares about all of your communication needs. We have a wide range of pre-paid plans for every budget and usage requirement. Also, we offer a selection of brand-name phones that combine quality, reliability, and the latest technology.
That's not all – we also provide an array of amazing accessories to enhance your mobile experience. At EASY Wireless, we're dedicated to providing exceptional service and ensuring you find the perfect plan, phone, and accessories to suit your lifestyle and preferences.
Visit us for all your cell phone and wireless service needs today!