So you're interested in getting a free phone or discounted cell service but aren't sure what's the program you may qualify for or how to sign up? How about giving the U.S. government a try? Government assistance programs like Lifeline & ACP provide affordable connectivity benefits to those who meet certain eligibility criteria. And the best thing? If you participate in these programs through companies such as EASY Wireless, you may also receive other incredible benefits.
All you need to do is meet some basic income requirements, which vary by state and program. But once you qualify, you receive free unlimited talk, text, and free wireless service with the same fast speeds as large networks. In this blog post, we're going to be guiding you on different ways to qualify for these free phone service programs and how to apply.
Understanding EASY Wireless' Connectivity Benefits
Before we talk about Lifeline & ACP's application process, let's get excited by exploring exactly what benefits you can qualify for. What you're eligible to receive depends on which government connectivity programs you apply for, so here's what EASY Wireless offers for each program:
EASY Wireless' Benefits With The Lifeline Program
The first program that qualifies you for a free phone with free cell phone service is the Lifeline program. Here's what benefits you receive when you're participating in Lifeline:
EASY Wireless Base Plan
- $25 Smartphone
- FREE text
- 1000 free talk minutes
- 25 MB of data
What EASY Wireless Benefits Do You Receive With ACP?
Next is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This program also allows you to access EASY Wireless' free phone benefits. Here's what you receive with the ACP:
EASY Wireless Plus Plan
- Free smartphone
- Unlimited text
- Unlimited talk
- 5 GB of data
What Benefits Do You Get When You Qualify For BOTH PROGRAMS
Last but certainly not least -- if you qualify for both Lifeline & the ACP, you have access to a lot of extra benefits. Such as:
EASY Wireless Unlimited Plan
- a FREE Unlimited Data, Talk, and Text phone plan.
- FREE Activation kit & SIM Card
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get Another One
- Bring Your Own Phone or Get One FREE
Enrolling in Lifeline to Get a Free Phone and Data
So now that you know exactly what benefits you have available, it's time to talk about how to apply for each of these programs. Let's start with the Lifeline program:
Qualifying For Lifeline Program
To qualify for Lifeline, your household income must be at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty. This is about $19,000 a year for a single person. You also can qualify if you participate in certain government assistance programs like:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
Applying for Lifeline is simple. Here are the steps:
- Choose a phone service provider like EASY Wireless that offers Lifeline plans.
- Provide documentation to prove your eligibility. This could be a statement from the qualifying program you participate in or proof of income.
- Complete an application with the phone company, either online, by phone, or in person. You’ll need to provide information like your name, address, birthdate, and the program you're qualifying with.
- Your phone company will review your application and documentation to verify your eligibility. This usually takes up to 5 business days.
The Lifeline program aims to make communications services more affordable and accessible to those with lower incomes or in need of financial assistance. Don't hesitate to apply with EASY Wireless to get connected and stay in touch with friends, family, healthcare providers, and more at zero cost. The enrollment process is quick, and before you know it, you'll have a free phone and access to valuable resources that you need.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), formerly known the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), also helps you receive free phones with EASY Wireless. This program is a government subsidy that provides discounts on broadband service and certain connected devices for qualifying households. If you qualify for the ACP by itself, here's what you receive:
- Up to $30/month discount for broadband service (up to $75/month on Tribal lands)
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a computer or tablet purchased from a participating ACP provider
- A low-cost smartphone option through certain wireless providers like EASY Wireless
To qualify for the ACP, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty guidelines. For a single person, that's about $30,000 a year.
- You or someone in your household participates in other assistance programs.
Applying For The ACP
Applying for a free phone with the ACP is simple. You have some options:
- Apply directly with EASY Wireless. We have you complete some paperwork to verify your eligibility and enroll you in the program.
- Apply online. You will still need to provide documents that prove your eligibility. The application only takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Mail in a printed application with copies of eligibility documents.
Once approved, the ACP benefit will be applied to your EASY Wireless bill each month. Every year, you need to re-certify your eligibility to continue receiving the ACP discounts and benefits. Take advantage of this opportunity to make connectivity more affordable and accessible for your household.
How do I Apply For my FREE PHONE With EASY Wireless?
To get started with EASY Wireless, apply online by clicking the below:
Start Saving Today!
Or you can come to one of the EASY Wireless's retail stores, where our customer service agent will help you apply for the benefits.
Either way, the first step is to provide proof of identity with a government-issued ID. This is so you can confirm your participation in one of the qualifying programs or that you meet the income requirement.
We accept the following U.S. Government Issued ID:
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Government, State or Tribal issued-ID
- U.S. Military ID cards
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards
You can show the following documents to prove that you are taking part in a government assistance program or use them as proof of active benefits:
- Statement of benefits from a food distribution program.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Vouchers Documents
- Indian Affairs general assistance documents
- Notice letter of participation, such as an award letter
- Participation documents from a program, such as a screenshot from an online account.
- In order to show income, you can provide any of the following proofs:
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of your State or Federal income tax return.
- Three months' worth of current pay stubs.
- Veterans Administration or Supplemental Security Income benefits letter.
- A divorce decree or child support document that states income.
- Retirement or pension statement.
Need More Than Just One Line of Service or an Additional Phone?
EASY Wireless is a full-service cellular store that cares about all of your communication needs. We have a wide range of pre-paid plans for every budget and usage requirement. Also, we offer a selection of brand-name phones that combine quality, reliability, and the latest technology.
That's not all – we also provide an array of amazing accessories to enhance your mobile experience. At EASY Wireless, we're dedicated to providing exceptional service and ensuring you find the perfect plan, compatible phone, and accessories to suit your lifestyle and preferences.
Visit us for all your cell phone and wireless service needs today!