Ever struggled to pay your phone bill? Don't worry, you're not alone. Phone plans can be expensive, especially if you have a family. But what if we told you there was a way to get a free phone along with free unlimited minutes and texts? Well, if you live in Oklahoma, or in the US at all, there is. With the Lifeline program and the ACP, you can qualify for a free phone.
All you need to do is meet a few basic requirements and you'll be chatting away in no time. Best part? You can get smartphones at no cost to you. In this guide, we'll be guiding you along the process of getting your new device, from start to finish. If a free phone and free mobile service sounds good to you, keep reading to find out how you can get connected today.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
First, let's talk about one of the two programs that can help you qualify for your free phone service. The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), formerly known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB), provides discounts on phone and internet service for qualifying low-income households.
What benefits does the program offer? Well, upon qualifying for the ACP, you receive up to a $30 monthly discount on internet service (up to $75 if you live on tribal lands). The program also offers additional perks like a one-time discount of up to $100 for a tablet or computer. If you apply with EASY Wireless, you also get access to additional benefits, such as a free phone.
How to Apply to ACP
Excited to receive the benefits listed above? Let's discuss the program's application process: First you want to make sure you're eligible. To qualify for ACP in Oklahoma, your annual household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty guidelines. You'll need to provide documents like tax returns, pay stubs, benefit statements, or W-2s to verify your income eligibility.
Once verified, you can apply in a few simple ways. The easiest is online at the ACP's website. You just need to provide some basic information like your name, address, birth date, and the last 4 digits of your SSN. Be prepared to upload documents proving your enrollment in government assistance programs like SNAP or Medicaid, if asked.
What Is the Lifeline Program?
The next program is Lifeline. Like ACP, Lifeline provides monthly discounts for mobile service to low-income individuals. This government benefit program is funded by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that aims to provide all Americans with access to essential communications services.
What Benefits Are Offered?
With the Lifeline program, you can get up to a $9.25 monthly discount from your phone service (up to $34.25 if you're living on tribal lands). However, besides close-to-free phone service, the program opens up all of EASY Wireless' Lifeline benefits as well, such as a heavily discounted smartphone (Free if you qualify for ACP as well), FREE text, 1000 minutes, and 25MB of data.
Who Qualifies for a Lifeline Phone?
To qualify for Lifeline service in Oklahoma, you must meet certain income requirements set by the FCC. You need to have an income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty guidelines. You may also qualify if you participate in certain government assistance programs like:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
How Do I Apply For Lifeline?
Applying for a free government phone in Oklahoma is simple. Here are the basic steps:
- Check if you meet the eligibility criteria for Lifeline based on your income or participation in a qualifying program.
- Choose a Lifeline provider in Oklahoma like EASY Wireless and apply with us.
- Provide documentation to prove your eligibility such as a benefit statement from a qualifying program.
- Fill out an application with your chosen Lifeline provider, either online, by phone, or at an in-person location.
- Your Lifeline provider will review your application and documentation to verify your eligibility.
- If approved, your Lifeline provider will mail activate your benefits and mail you your phone.
- Start using your phone and benefits! You can also re-certify your Lifeline eligibility each year to continue receiving benefits.
The Lifeline program provides an important service to connect low-income Oklahomans with access to communications. Don't miss out on this opportunity to get a free government phone if you qualify.
How do I Get My FREE PHONE & FREE DATA With EASY Wireless!!
Ready to apply for a program and get your FREE smartphone? To make the process as easy as possible, you can apply directly with EASY Wireless and sign up for your additional benefits.
We hope that by offering free cell phone service and mobile devices to those who need it most, we can help America stay in touch with friends & family, emergency services, and work, even during financial hardships. Here's exactly what you qualify for with us:
What Benefits Do You Get With EASY Wireless?
Upon qualifying for one of the programs above with EASY Wireless, here's what you receive:
EASY Wireless Unlimited Plan
- FREE Unlimited Data
- FREE Unlimited Talk
- FREE Unlimited Text
- FREE SIM Car Kit and Activation
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get a New One
How do I Apply For EASY Wireless Benefits?
To get started with EASY Wireless, apply online by clicking the below:
Start Saving Today!
Or you can come to one of the EASY Wireless's retail stores, where our customer service agent will help you apply for the benefits.
Either way, the first step is to provide proof of identity with a government-issued ID. This is so you can confirm your participation in one of the qualifying programs or that you meet the income requirement.
We accept the following U.S. Government Issued ID:
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Government, State or Tribal issued-ID
- U.S. Military ID cards
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards
You can show the following documents to prove that you are taking part in a government assistance program or use them as proof of active benefits:
- Statement of benefits from a qualifying food distribution program.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Vouchers Documents
- Indian Affairs general assistance documents
- Notice letter of participation, such as an award letter
- Participation documents from a program, such as a screenshot from an online account.
- In order to show income, you can provide any of the following proofs:
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of your State or Federal income tax return.
- Three months' worth of current pay stubs.
- Veterans Administration or Supplemental Security Income benefits letter.
- A divorce decree or child support document that states income.
- Retirement or pension statement.
Need More Than Just One Line of Service or an Additional Phone?
EASY Wireless is a full-service cellular store that cares about all of your communication needs. We have a wide range of pre-paid plans for every budget and usage requirement. Also, we offer a selection of brand-name phones that combine quality, reliability, and the latest technology.
That's not all – we also provide an array of amazing accessories to enhance your mobile experience. At EASY Wireless, we're dedicated to providing exceptional service and ensuring you find the perfect plan, phone, and accessories to suit your lifestyle and preferences.
Visit us for all your cell phone and wireless service needs today!