Make certain that you and your family are receiving everything you are entitled to. This can be the difference between survival and failure. How do you access government programs for single moms and single dads? The first step is to take a few moments and read this guide. Once read, remember to bookmark it on your EASY Wireless device. At least make sure that it's on your home screen.
This guide outlines countless government programs for single moms and single dads. Starting out with the benefit that will help you access those programs is a smart place to start. What is that benefit, you ask - A cellphone that runs on America's largest and fastest network.
Check Out EASY Wireless
When it comes to government benefit programs - how can you check them out if you can't look them up?? Having low-cost, cell phone and Internet service from EASY Wireless is a tremendous step in the right direction. Get continuous communication for you and your family. More about EASY Wireless later on in the guide, we will even give you contact information for this great resource.
Leave The Stigma, Keep The Savings
People may feel a stigma attached to receiving government assistance. The notion of the welfare state is long gone:
People cannot work due to the disability of their children, their family members or themselves. Please read our deep dive on single parents raising children with disabilities for resources for you or a loved one. People are being paid less to work more in many instances. People are finding it difficult to make ends meet in an inflationary economy. Opportunities are limited. Don't accept the stigma that comes along with accepting assistance from the government. You've earned it and it is designed to support and strengthen your family.
Government programs can help with every facet of our lives. Welfare is a blanket term that does not adequately describe the benefits you can receive from your government. Government programs for single moms and single dads are for those with low income or no income. However, people at all economic levels can benefit from government programs. There should be no shame in accepting the assistance that you deserve.
What You Don't See Is What You Can't Get
We've always heard the reverse of this statement. "What you see is what you get". When it comes to government benefits, it is a true statement! You have to know about it, and apply for it in order to reap the benefits of it.
Do the research. Well, in this case, we've done a lot of the research for you. This guide is a basic framework for governmental programs. You will learn how to get:
- Assistance Through Government Programs For Single Moms & Single Dads
- Assistance for physical health
- Assistance for mental health
- Assistance for education
- Assistance for your home
- Assistance for everything inside of your home
- Assistance for your car
- Assistance for items you would never imagine you could get assistance with
ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND DIG IN. READY TO LEARN ABOUT GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS FOR SINGLE MOMS AND SINGLE DADS???
Assistance For Physical Health
Without your physical health, it's difficult to do anything. The same holds true for your children. Take care of this first. Find out what government programs for single moms and single dads are available to protect and maintain you and your children's health.
- Medicaid – this program has income guidelines and is administered on a state-by-state basis. Click the link to see how to apply for Medicaid benefits. These include doctor and hospital visits as well as dental, vision and hearing screenings. Medicaid is a comprehensive program.
- Child Health Insurance Program or CHIPS is another program that helps low-income families make it. The income guidelines include provision for families who make a little bit more money. Click on the link to find out more about the CHIPS program on the Health.gov website.
Read our guide on single parent issues with health insurance by clicking this link. You can also read the guide on single parenting a child with disabilities to learn about other government programs for single moms and single dads with children with disabilities.
Assistance For Mental Health
There are some mental health services that go along with Medicaid and CHIPS. You can contact your benefit provider to find out what is available. The US Department of Health and Human Services has a comprehensive guide on different programs and services to help with mental health for you and your family. This includes resources on:
- Social services
- Prevention and wellness
- Providers and facilities
Mental health is a very important part of overall health and wellness. Don't attach a stigma to needing mental health treatment. Take a look on the website to learn about government programs for single moms and single dads concerning the mental health of your family.
Assistance For Education
Getting the best education for your entire family goes along with good health and wellness. Moving forward positively includes learning and growing and achieving. Set this example for your children. An education can also ensure that you make more money. Raising your income and raising the opportunities for yourself and your children through education is wonderful. These are all of the reasons that we pursue education.
Collegecliffs.com offers in-depth article about the 10 best colleges with single-parent programs including government assistance. Read more by clicking this link.
The balancemoney.com website offers an article on education grants for single mothers and fathers. You'll learn about:
- Loan repayment grants for single parents
- State grants for single parents
- Federal supplemental education opportunity grants
- The federal Pell grant program.
Don't forget to apply for scholarships. There are many scholarships and government programs for single moms and single dads. Find out about scholarships on the scholarships.com website This website is awesome because it tells you the deadlines for these scholarships, as well. There are scholarships that are very specific and you might meet the criteria. Some of the scholarships include the:
- Answer Scholarship endowment
- Bruce & Marjorie Sundlin scholarship
- BYU Marriott School Single Parent scholarships
- Capture the Dream, Inc. Single Parent scholarship
Click on this link to find out the deadlines and much more about colleges, scholarships, and other student resources.
Don't Forget The Babies
Your children can qualify for school vouchers and other great financial assistance for education. Parents receive state-funded scholarship money to send their children to great private schools.
Children can also receive money for afterschool programs through government-sponsored programs. Youth.gov outlines how your child could receive childcare and education funding. Learn more about fostering education in your family.
Assistance For Your Home
Having a home continues to be the American dream. Actually, owning your own home is the American dream. There's a reason for that. The comfort level of having your own four walls and a roof cannot be surpassed. Know that your government is behind you in this pursuit.
On the single mothers grants.org website there is a comprehensive list of different housing programs you can use to make this dream a reality. You may have a dream of renting your own home or apartment. There are also government programs for single moms and single dads to help with this goal. Some of these programs include:
1. Section 8 housing – this is also called the housing choice voucher program. This is essentially rental assistance for low-income tenants. You can get a voucher for up to $2000 per month to help you rent or buy property.
2. Operation HOPE homebuyers program. No income homebuyers can apply for these benefits. The benefits include:
- FDIC – approved loans
- assistance with the down payment on the home
- special assistance for first – time buyers
3. Habitat for Humanity is another resource that will build a home for you as a low-income home buyer. Here is a short list of other housing programs outlined on the website:
- USDA loans
- HUD homes for sale
- Bridge of hope housing assistance
Assistance For Everything Inside Of Your Home
Take a look at the United States Department of Agriculture's Rural Development Website. These guides include information that is national, not just by state. These national government programs for single moms and single dads can be applied to everyone. No need to dream about getting things for free when you can qualify to actually get those things that you and your family need so desperately. Taking advantage of the benefits that you qualify for can leave money for savings for college and for you and your children's future. Here is an example of some of the things you can qualify for to make your home run more efficiently and productively:
- Programs for energy bills
- Programs for water and environmental bills
- Programs for home renovation
- Programs for community facilities
The list goes on and on. You can have your home and have it be decent using government programs for single moms and single dads.
Assistance For Your Car
Did you know that both federal and state governments give cars away? Some of these programs will help you pay for your car. Some of these programs will actually give you a car. Find out more on the following websites:
Assistance For Items You Would Never Imagine You Could Get Assistance With
You may have heard about getting a free government phone. Well, actually the phones are not free, but, the SIM cards can be! The Affordable Connectivity Program, ACP is a government benefit that you may qualify for if you have a low income. If you are currently receiving any of the following benefits, you may already qualify for ACP:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Pell Grant Awards
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
While you are reading this list, think about whether you and your family can qualify for the benefits of each. If you don't receive benefits already, maybe you are missing out. EASY Wireless works with you to get great cell phone and Internet service for a low cost. EASY Wireless accepts the ACP benefit. You can use your existing cell phone and get a free SIM card through one of EASY Wireless' programs. Contact the professionals at EASY Wireless today to find out about this great benefit.
Who would've thought you could get great assistance with your cell phone! There are other benefits that you would never imagine you can receive. Here is a short list:
- Free diapers Wealthy Single Mommy is a website that describes multiple ways to receive free diapers and other resources. Single dads, find out if you can qualify too. We dare them to say no!
- Employment benefits. Your employer has a lot in store for you single parents! Learn more on this American Association for Single People page
- On Grantwatch you can find different grants to support your new small business! And so much more
Grantwatch is a great resource. They list the following grants you never knew about. This is just a short list because there are literally thousands of grants out there:
- Grants for climate change
- Grants for spiritual pursuits
- Grants for technology
- Grants for travel and tourism – that's right, you can go on vacation!
Co-Parent Booster Shot
Supporting successful single parent families is our ultimate goal. That success includes your ex! Make sure that your child's other parent knows about all of these awesome government programs for single moms and single dads. Don't keep it to yourself. Spread the wealth with friends, family and loved ones.
...And Yet, There Is Even More
This guide is just a start. There are so many more things we just did not have room for. Use your EASY Wireless cell phone to get you every benefit. Imagine a benefit helping you get other benefits. The sky is the limit. You can do it single parents!