Exciting news, New Mexico residents! Are you tired of paying exorbitant fees for your cell phone service? Well, you're in luck because free government phones are now available in New Mexico! That's right, you can now get your free service, a brand new smartphone, and FREE Talk Text and Data at absolutely no cost to you.
Just to be clear, the government doesn't directly give out free phone service based on where you live. However, some cell phone service providers offer free smartphones and other benefits if you qualify for certain programs, such as the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP).
Who can qualify for a free cell phone service in New Mexico?
Over 40 million households can now qualify for free cell phone service now thanks to the new Affordable Connectivity Program.
EASY Wireless Free Unlimited Plan
Combine your Lifeline Program and ACP Benefits to receive:
- FREE Data & Hotspot
- FREE Unlimited Talk
- FREE Unlimited Text
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get a New One
- FREE SIM Card & Activation
How Do I qualify for these programs?
You can qualify for these programs by either your household income level or by taking part in certain government programs.
Qualify for ACP
The programs that will allow you to also get benefits through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) are as follows:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Tribal Head Start
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Pell Grant Awards
If you make under the amounts on the chart below you may qualify by income.
How do I Get My Free Government Cell phone service?
To get started, you just need to confirm your identity with a government-issued ID. Then, you can easily confirm your participation in one of the qualifying programs or your household income amount.
To prove your ID you can use the following U.S. Government Issued ID, such as;
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Government, State or Tribal issued-ID
- U.S. Military ID cards
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards
To confirm that you are taking part in a government assistance program, you can show the following documents that show proof of active benefits.
- Statement of benefits from a qualifying Program.
- Notice letter of participation, such as an award letter
- Program participation documents, such as a screenshot from an online account.
- In order to show income, you can provide any of the following proofs:
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of your State or Federal income tax return.
- Three months' worth of current pay stubs.
- Veterans Administration or SSI benefits letter.
- A divorce decree or child support document that states income.
- Retirement or pension statement.
To see if you qualify for ACP, you'll need to go through the National Verifier process.
Once approved, you'll be able to connect to the Internet right away and stay in touch with your loved ones. We can't wait to see you and help you get connected!
Automatic Rewards for Just Being an EASY Wireless Customer
At EASY Wireless, we appreciate your trust in us as your wireless provider, and we want to give back to you. That's why we're excited to introduce our new Rewards Program!
As an EASY Wireless customer, you can start earning rewards within just 30 days of signing up, and the rewards keep coming as long as you stay with us.
Redeem your rewards for free phone upgrades or additional lines of service - the choice is yours! It's our way of saying thank you for choosing EASY Wireless.
Need another phone or another line of service?
Check out our online store to view some of our best deals!
Sign up Online
If you are ready to stop worrying about monthly cell phone bills and want to join us without going through credit checks, then enter your zip code and email into the form below and click "enroll now".
Start Saving Today!
Qualify for free government phones and free cell service in New Mexico today!