Want to qualify for a free government phone? This quick start guide will tell you everything you need to know to start today.
The federal government has realized that having Internet and phone service is not a luxury. People need a phone to stay connected with family, fill out applications, and to access emergency services. So the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) was developed in 2021 to make and internet services available to everyone.
The government doesn’t provide free smartphones, but a few select companies that offer the ACP Program and can give you a free phone when you qualify for their service. EASY Wireless is one of these companies.
EASY Wireless has several FREE cell phone service plans to suit your needs.
What Free Cell Phone Plans Are Available?
EASY Wireless has made this service available through the ACP Program to Massachusetts residents with two free plan options:
Free Unlimited Data Promo - Keep Your Phone & Number
- FREE UNLIMITED Data
- FREE Unlimited Talk & Text
- FREE Sim Card
Free Smartphone Plan
- FREE SMARTPHONE
- FREE Monthly Talk & Text
- FREE Monthly 5 GB Data
How Do I Qualify for The Affordable Connectivity Program?
- There are two main ways to qualify for your free government cell phone service in Massachusetts. The first way is participating in a government assistance program. Here is a list of the qualifying programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Pell Grant Awards
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
The second way is to qualify by income. According to President Biden 40% of Americans qualify by income. The following is an income chart to reference to see if you are in that 40%:
7 Steps to Get your Phone Quick!
This quick start guide will walk you through what you need to do to get a free government cell phone delivered to your home in Massachusetts.
- Enter your Email address and Zip Code into the "Start Saving Today" blue and orange box below.
- Click the 'Enroll Now' button.
- This will direct you to an online application.
- Choose which free service you wish to get. You can bring your own device and get unlimited data or get a free phone and enjoy 5GB of the data. Both plans include unlimited texts and talk.
- Next, you will navigate through the online form, spaces with a red asterisk are required.
- Then, you will choose how you want to qualify. Select the 'More Options' button if you don't see the program you wish to qualify under or if you want to qualify by income. Once complete you will be redirected to the Federal Government’s National Verifier website. The National Verifier job is to confirm your eligibility through an electronic database. If you are not found eligible through a database connection, you will be prompted to upload an award letter or screenshot from an online account that shows proof of active benefits on the program you selected.
7. You will receive an email from Easy Wireless within 1 business day to inform you of the status of your application. Once the application is approved, EASY Wireless will email with updates on the status of your phone or SIM card shipment, and the tracking number.
If you run into any problems, there is a chat bubble on the right-hand bottom of the screen. Click on the chat bubble icon to get live help.
Ready to get your free cell phone service!
Just enter your details in the box below and click on the "Enroll Now" button and start saving today.
Start Saving Today!
What Should I Do if I Move or Have a Change of Address?
If you move or change your address, you have to update it within 30 days. You do this by going to NV.FCC.gov and updating your address with the National Verifier. Then, call Easy Wireless at 611 or (877) 476-3451 and tell the representative that you need to update your address.
How Long Will It Take to Receive Approval?
Most applications are approved within 10 minutes. However, in some cases, it may take up to 3 days. If this happens, it is usually because the documents need to be confirmed manually. You can check the status of your application by logging back into your order at MyEasyWireless.com and using the same email address and zip code that started your order. If there are questions about the National Verifier application, the ACP Support Center can advise you on the proof you submitted. The ACP Support Center, number is (800) 234-9473.
What Happens If I Lose My Phone?
If you can not find it, be aware that you are liable for all charges on your phone until you report it being lost or stolen to Easy Wireless.
Once you notify Easy Wireless, they will suspend your service, and will leave it suspended until you have a new device you can activate on your EASY Wireless account. If you have an unlocked GSM phone, you can use that on your account. Use our BYOD tool to verify if the phone is eligible.
If you do not have a device you can use, EASY Wireless will give you a $20 discount towards a new handset. You are only eligible for this discount once.
If the service is disconnected, the subscriber will have to re-activate the new service by verifying proof of eligibility.
If you have any questions, you can call Easy Wireless customer service (877) 476-3451.