Ever struggled to pay your monthly cell phone bills? If so, we have some good news. Did you know that as an Oklahoma resident, you may qualify for a free cell phone with free phone service? With the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) & Lifeline programs, the US government offers free cell phone service to qualifying low-income households.
So if you're living on a fixed income or are currently receiving government benefits like Food Stamps or Medicaid, you're likely to be eligible for these programs. And while the benefits you receive can help greatly, you may be wondering how you can apply. In this post, we'll be guiding you along the process of qualifying & applying for your FREE government phone services. Why pay for cell phone service when you can get it for free?
What is the Lifeline Program?
First let us start with Lifeline, the program that provides certain discounts and perks to low-income individuals who qualify. So what are the exact benefits? Currently, Lifeline offers eligible customers a monthly service discount of up to $9.25, or $34.25 for those living on eligible tribal lands.
Applying For Lifeline in Oklahoma
As mentioned above, to receive Lifeline benefits, you must be on certain assistance programs such as Medicaid, SNAP (food stamps), SSI, or have a household income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you think that's you, here's how to apply:
- Apply with an approved Lifeline provider. If you go with companies like EASY Wireless, you may also receive additional benefits. Depending on the provider, you can apply online, by mail, in person, or even over the phone.
- Provide documentation proving your eligibility. This may include pay stubs, benefit statements, tax returns, or proof of program enrollment. The specific documents needed vary by provider.
- Complete the Lifeline certification form. This form is used to ensure you don't receive more than one Lifeline benefit per household. You'll need to provide information like your name, address, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your SSN.
- Start receiving your benefits automatically. Once you're approved for Lifeline service, your service provider applies the discount to your monthly phone bill.
What is The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) Oklahoma
The next government program that offers mobile service benefits in the US is the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This program is different than Lifeline when it comes to benefits, so it's a good idea to apply to both programs. The ACP provides a discount of up to $30 a month for internet service (up to $75 a month on tribal lands), as well as a $100 discount to purchase a tablet or laptop computer.
To qualify for the ACP in Oklahoma, you’ll need to meet a few basic requirements, just like with Lifeline. This federal program provides discounted high-speed internet service and devices like computers or tablets to those in need.
Your household income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. You also need to provide documents verifying your income when you apply.
Major internet service providers in Oklahoma participate in this program including EASY Wireless. You can use the benefit for most wireline or wireless internet plans, as well as connected devices. The discount will lower your bill or allow you to upgrade to a faster, more data-rich plan.
To qualify for the ACP benefit, you can complete an application online, by phone, in person, or with EASY Wireless to qualify for additional benefits such as a FREE government phone & FREE unlimited data plan. Have information handy like names, birth dates, household size, and income details for everyone in your household. The enrollment process typically takes 10 to 15 minutes.
Once approved, the affordable connectivity benefit will appear as a monthly discount on your internet service bill. You can also use the benefit to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if you don’t already have one. This can help ensure all members of your household have access to job opportunities, healthcare, education and more with affordable high-speed internet.
Take advantage of this opportunity to get connected for less. With the Affordable Connectivity Program in Oklahoma, essential internet service and devices are within your reach.
How to Get a FREE PHONE With FREE DATA!!
As mentioned, EASY wireless is one provider who can help you get the most out of these government programs and make sure you always have access to affordable connectivity. Whether you need to stay connected to work, or family & friends, we understand the importance of keeping the world at your fingertips in these days.
Remember when we mentioned getting a FREE cell phone with FREE data if you sign up for Lifeline or ACP with EASY Wireless? Well, let's talk about the exact benefit's you receive when applying with us:
What Benefits Do You Get With EASY Wireless?
Upon qualifying for one of the programs above with EASY Wireless, here's what you receive:
EASY Wireless Unlimited Plan
- FREE Unlimited Data
- FREE Unlimited Talk
- FREE Unlimited Text
- FREE SIM Car Kit and Activation
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get a New One
How do I Apply For EASY Wireless Benefits?
To get started with EASY Wireless, apply online by clicking the below:
Start Saving Today!
Or you can come to one of the EASY Wireless's retail stores, where our customer service agent will help you apply for the benefits.
Either way, the first step is to provide proof of identity with a government-issued ID. This is so you can confirm your participation in one of the qualifying programs or that you meet the income requirement.
We accept the following U.S. Government Issued ID:
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Government, State or Tribal issued-ID
- U.S. Military ID cards
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards
You can show the following documents to prove that you are taking part in a government assistance program or use them as proof of active benefits:
- Statement of benefits from a qualifying food distribution program.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Vouchers Documents
- Indian Affairs general assistance documents
- Notice letter of participation, such as an award letter
- Participation documents from a program, such as a screenshot from an online account.
- In order to show income, you can provide any of the following proofs:
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of your State or Federal income tax return.
- Three months' worth of current pay stubs.
- Veterans Administration or Supplemental Security Income benefits letter.
- A divorce decree or child support document that states income.
- Retirement or pension statement.
Need More Than Just One Line of Service or an Additional Phone?
EASY Wireless is a full-service cellular store that cares about all of your communication needs. We have a wide range of pre-paid plans for every budget and usage requirement. Also, we offer a selection of brand-name phones that combine quality, reliability, and the latest technology.
That's not all – we also provide an array of amazing accessories to enhance your mobile experience. At EASY Wireless, we're dedicated to providing exceptional service and ensuring you find the perfect plan, phone, and accessories to suit your lifestyle and preferences.
Visit us for all your cell phone and wireless service needs today!