Have you been struggling to pay your monthly phone bill? Living in a small town like Altus, Oklahoma can make it hard to find ways to cut costs. But there's good news for you - certain government programs in Altus can eliminate your phone bill completely! You read that right, free service is available for Oklahomans. No more worrying about expensive cell phone plans or landline service.
In this guide, we're going to be exploring some popular government benefit programs such as Lifeline and Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), as well as showing you how to qualify for a FREE phone. If you've been looking for ways to trim your budget each month, this blog has you covered. Drop your expensive phone carrier and start saving hundreds of dollars a year!
Lifeline Program in Atlus
The first government program that can help you access connectivity benefits is the Lifeline program. Lifeline aims to provide more low-income Americans with reliable home phone service. The program offers a discount of up to $9.25 off your monthly home phone bill (up to $34.25 if you're living on eligible tribal lands). The discount can be used for both landline phone and bundled phone/internet service.
To qualify for Lifeline, you must meet income requirements or participate in certain government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Public Housing, or Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
How Do I Apply For Lifeline?
Applying for Lifeline is easy and can be done online, by phone, or with providers such as EASY Wireless directly. You need to provide documents proving your participation in a qualifying government benefit program or proof of income. Acceptable documents include benefit statements, pay stubs, tax returns, or benefit award letters. Once your application has been approved, your benefit is automatically applied by your service provider.
For more details on the program, visit their website or call your state’s Lifeline administrator. Providing communication services for those in need, the Lifeline program helps connect Altus residents with family & friends, jobs, emergency assistance, and healthcare.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) in Atlus
Don't qualify for Lifeline? Don't worry -- there are other ways to access connectivity benefits such as the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). If you live in Altus, Oklahoma, you may have heard of ACP. This federal program provides discounted internet service to lower-income households.
The ACP, formerly known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program, provides discounted internet service for qualifying low-income households in Altus. Here's what they offer:
- Up to a $30 monthly discount on internet (up to $75 for those on eligible tribal lands).
- Up to a $100 discount to purchase a tablet or computer.
- Extra benefits provided by your service provider (like EASY Wireless' free phone plan)
To be eligible for the ACP program, you must meet one of the following criteria.
Who Is Eligible For ACP program?
While the ACP offers a variety of exciting benefits, they do have an income limit you must meet. If your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, you may qualify for the program.
Alternatively, you could be eligible if you've been participating in a different qualifying government program. Such as:
- Medicaid: If you or someone in your household currently receives Medicaid benefits, you're eligible for the ACP program. This includes Medicaid, Medi-Cal, and other programs that provide health insurance for those with low incomes.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP): If your household receives SNAP food stamps or benefits, you qualify for low-cost phone service with the ACP program. SNAP provides food assistance for those with limited means.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipient: Those who currently receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments due to a disability are eligible for the ACP program. SSI provides benefits for disabled adults and children who have limited income and resources.
- Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program: Households with a child who participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and receives free or reduced-price lunches qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program. The NSLP provides low-cost or free lunches to students based on family income levels.
How to Get Receive Your FREE PHONE With FREE DATA!!
If you qualify for either of the programs above, it's your lucky day! As mentioned, EASY Wireless provides a bunch of extra benefits to those who qualify for Lifeline or ACP, including a FREE phone with FREE unlimited high-speed data.
We hope that by making affordable connectivity more accessible, Americans can stay in touch with their family & friends, essential resources, and work, even when times are tough financially. But what is EASY Wireless offering?
What Benefits Do You Get With EASY Wireless?
Upon qualifying for one of the programs above with EASY Wireless, here's what you receive:
EASY Wireless Unlimited Plan
- FREE Unlimited Data
- FREE Unlimited Talk
- FREE Unlimited Text
- FREE SIM Car Kit and Activation
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get a New One
How do I Apply For EASY Wireless Benefits?
To get started with EASY Wireless, apply online by clicking the below:
Start Saving Today!
Or you can come to one of the EASY Wireless's retail stores, where our customer service agent will help you apply for the benefits.
Either way, the first step is to provide proof of identity with a government-issued ID. This is so you can confirm your participation in one of the qualifying programs or that you meet the income requirement.
We accept the following U.S. Government Issued ID:
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Government, State or Tribal issued-ID
- U.S. Military ID cards
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards
You can show the following documents to prove that you are taking part in a government assistance program or use them as proof of active benefits:
- Statement of benefits from a qualifying food distribution program.
- Federal Public Housing Assistance Vouchers Documents
- Indian Affairs general assistance documents
- Notice letter of participation, such as an award letter
- Participation documents from a program, such as a screenshot from an online account.
- In order to show income, you can provide any of the following proofs:
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of your State or Federal income tax return.
- Three months' worth of current pay stubs.
- Veterans Administration or Supplemental Security Income benefits letter.
- A divorce decree or child support document that states income.
- Retirement or pension statement.
Need More Than Just One Line of Service or an Additional Phone?
EASY Wireless is a full-service cellular store that cares about all of your communication needs. We have a wide range of pre-paid cell phone plans and different phone services for every budget and usage requirement. Also, we offer a selection of brand-name cell phones that combine quality, reliability, and the latest technology.
That's not all – we also provide an array of amazing accessories to enhance your mobile experience. At EASY Wireless, we're dedicated to providing exceptional service and ensuring you find the perfect plan, phone, and accessories to suit your lifestyle and preferences.
Visit us for all your cell phone and wireless service needs today!