Times get tough, and these last few years have made it even tougher to keep your needs met. Many people struggle to keep their cell phones on, but having a phone is a necessity.
Looking to cut costs people are searching for free services and hoping there is a free government phone in Wisconsin. No, there aren’t smartphones provided by the government but you can get a free cell phone.
Read on to learn about the Affordable Connectivity Program and how this program and EASY Wireless can help you get a free phone and to save you money for the things that matter.
What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a program that provides discounts on monthly broadband Internet access service and certain connected devices.
Your free cell phone service and free smartphones come from select individual phone service providers that work with the ACP program.
EASY Wireless is proud to be an eligible carrier that brings this incredible program to Wisconsin customers.
If you qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program, you can choose from one of the two EASY Wireless Plans listed below.
1. Free Smartphone Plan
With this plan, you are provided with a free cell phone in addition to:
- FREE monthly talk & text
- FREE monthly 5 GB data
2. Free Unlimited Data Promo
In this plan, you bring your own phone and get to keep your own number. EASY Wireless then provides you with:
- FREE unlimited data
- FREE unlimited talk & text
- FREE sim card
Qualifying for the ACP Program
One way to qualify for the ACP Program is to participate in one of the following Wisconsin programs:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Pell Grant Awards
- Women, Infant, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamps or SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
The second way is to qualify by household income. In 2022, Wisconsin households must make the following amounts or less to qualify, according to household size per the chart below:
Steps to Your Free Phone Service
Applying for the ACP Program is quicker and easier than you might think with the following steps:
1. Below, you’ll find a box titled “Start Saving Today.” Enter your zip code and email address into that box. Click “Enroll Now.”
Start Saving Today!
2. You’ll be taken to the online application where you can choose which of the two plans listed above you wish to receive
3. Enter your information into the online application. Be sure that you don’t skip over any areas with a red asterisk.
4. The next step is to choose how to verify your eligibility. You should see a list of programs. Click any program you participate in.
5. If you do not participate in one of these programs, click “More Options” to enter your household income information.
6. You’ll then be taken to the Federal Government’s National Verifier website to confirm your eligibility. Typically, this system will provide automatic verification. If it doesn’t, you will be asked to provide copies of award letters or proof of income online.
7. Within one business day, you’ll receive an email about your application from EASY Wireless.
If Approved, Can My Whole Household Receive Phones?
To be able to provide these benefits to many deserving eligible customers, ACP limits eligibility to one person per household. However, we do offer Add-A-line and Family plans with NEW phones available for purchase as low as $25.
How Do I Verify My Income?
It depends on the type of income you receive. Tax returns are an acceptable form of income verification or 3 of your most recent paystubs.