Between classes, clubbing, socializing, and trying to figure out your future, your schedule as a student is becoming overloaded. At the same time, you are probably wondering about ways to make some extra cash to pay for all those things. Are there any easy ways for students like yourself to make money online without interfering with your schedule?
In this guide, you will discover how to earn money online for students. Whether you've got an hour here and there or can dedicate a couple hours each week, these strategies generate real money that you can use for whatever you need. You don't need any fancy skills or degrees to start, just an internet connection and some motivation. If you're ready to put in the effort, you may even be able to earn enough to cover books or tuition. So without further delay, here are some of the best online jobs to start today.
Become a Virtual Assistant
As a college student, one of the best ways to make money online is by becoming a virtual assistant. A VA helps businesses and entrepreneurs with administrative tasks that can be done remotely. Think things like managing schedules, handling email, or data entry jobs. Here's how to start:
Start learning & practicing
Firstly, before you start looking for clients, you need to have something to offer. You're going to want to be able to speak the language your potential clients are speaking. That means learning everything you need to know about being a virtual assistant. You can get started by simply watching YouTube videos or courses online.
Find clients on popular websites
Once you're ready to be hired, employment or freelance sites like Upwork or Indeed are great places to find virtual assistant jobs. Create a profile highlighting your abilities, experience, and availability. Apply to one of these online jobs that matches your skills and interests. As you build up reviews from happy clients, it will get easier to find new work.
Set your own hours
One of the biggest perks of being a VA is flexibility. You're able to work as much or as little as you want around your class schedule. Most VAs charge between $15 to $50 per hour, depending on their experience. At just 5 to 10 hours a week, you can earn $500 to $1000 a month or more.
Working as a virtual assistant is also a great way to gain useful experience that will benefit you after graduation. You’ll develop skills like time management, communication, and problem-solving that are applicable to almost any career.
Sell Your Skills on Fiverr
Selling your skills on Fiverr is an easy way for college students to make money online. Fiverr is a marketplace where people buy and sell digital services for $5-500 per gig. As a college student, you likely have skills that others will pay for, such as:
- Freelance Writing & translation: Make money by offering essay writing, blog posting, resume writing, or translation services between languages you know.
- Video & animation: Create videos like explainer videos, video testimonials, animated clips, or channel trailers for YouTube.
- Graphic design: Design logos, flyers, infographics, ebooks, social media posts or other graphics based on your experience with tools like Canva or Photoshop.
- Music: Produce songs, professional voice overs, podcast intro/outro music or audio books if you have skills in music composition or audio editing software.
- Social Media Marketing & Management: Create posts, write captions, and connect with other brands. Increasing a brand's social media advertising revenue is a very valuable skill.
To start, create a free Fiverr account and build your profile. Outline the services you want to offer. Provide details on exactly what the customer will receive for the $5 price. Focus on your key skills, talents, and interests. Keep your gig titles and descriptions positive and customer-focused.
Once your gigs are live, it's important to get good reviews from your first customers. Do your best work, deliver on time, and communicate. Asking happy customers for reviews and ratings also helps build social proof.
Start a Blog or YouTube Channel
If you enjoy creating content, it is a quite lucrative way to make some cash. You can make content in various shapes & sizes about things you already know or are passionate about!
A blog is easy to set up and maintain. You can write blog posts about any topics you enjoy and are knowledgeable in, such as:
- Your hobbies like gaming or photography.
- Your area of study like science or coding.
Once you've built up an audience, you can make money with ads or sponsorships. Write blog posts 2-3 times a week to keep readers engaged. Use an easy blogging platform like WordPress and pick a simple, clean theme. Share your posts on social media to increase traffic.
Launch a YouTube Channel
Creating a YouTube channel is another great choice. Make videos about things that interest you, such as:
- Tutorials on skills like playing an instrument, using software, or gaming.
- Vlogs about your daily life as a student, any challenges, or accomplishments
As your viewership grows, you can make money with YouTube's Partner program which allows you to monetize your channel by running ads. You'll need at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours to qualify. Aim to post around 1-2 videos a week to build up your audience over time. Keep videos under 10 minutes for the best engagement.
Start Making Money For FREE With EASY Wireless!!
Ready to start making money online as a student? EASY Wireless is here to help.
Lifeline/ACP Programs with EASY Wireless.
Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) are government programs designed to make phone and internet services more affordable for eligible low-income seniors and families. Here at EASY Wireless, we understand the importance of affordable connectivity for everyone, and we want to help you access the benefits of these programs so you can stay connected to your friends & family.
What Benefits Do You Get With EASY Wireless?
Upon qualifying for one of the programs above with EASY Wireless, you will receive the following benefits:
EASY Wireless Unlimited Plan
- FREE Unlimited Data
- FREE Unlimited Talk
- FREE Unlimited Text
- FREE SIM Car Kit and Activation
- Choose to Keep Your Number or Get a New One
How do I Apply For EASY Wireless Benefits?
To get started with EASY Wireless, apply online by clicking the below:
Start Saving Today!
Or you can come to one of the EASY Wireless's retail stores, where our customer service agent will help you apply for the benefits.
Either way, the first step is to provide proof of identity with a government-issued ID. This is so you can confirm your participation in one of the qualifying programs or that you meet the household income requirement.
We accept the following U.S. Government Issued ID:
- U.S. Driver License
- Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
- Certificate of Naturalization
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Government, State or Tribal issued-ID
- U.S. Military ID cards
- Permanent Resident Cards
- Permanent Resident Alien Cards
You can show the following documents to prove that you are taking part in a government assistance program or use them as proof of active benefits:
- Statement of benefits from a qualifying Program.
- Notice letter of participation, such as an award letter
- Program participation documents, such as a screenshot from an online account.
- In order to show income, you can provide any of the following proofs:
- Unemployment Documentation
- Copy of your State or Federal income tax return.
- Three months' worth of current pay stubs.
- Veterans Administration or SSI benefits letter.
- A divorce decree or child support document that states income.
- Retirement or pension statement.
Need More Than Just One Line of Service or an Additional Phone?
EASY Wireless is a full-service cellular store that cares about all of your communication needs. We have a wide range of pre-paid plans for every budget and usage requirement. Also, we offer a selection of brand-name phones that combine quality, reliability, and the latest technology.
That's not all – we also provide an array of amazing accessories to enhance your mobile experience. At EASY Wireless, we're dedicated to providing exceptional service and ensuring you find the perfect plan, phone, and accessories to suit your lifestyle and preferences.
Visit us for all your cell phone and wireless service needs today!